The City of Odessa is actively monitoring the situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). On this page you will find the latest news and information affecting our community.
If you believe your business is essential, click here.
Mayor Turner has issued a Limited Shelter in Place Order, effective March 30, 2020.
|CASE NUMBER||REPORT DATE||AGE||GENDER||EXPOSURE||COUNTY OF RESIDENT||TESTING|
|CASE 1||3/27/2020||50||FEMALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 2||3/29/2020||69||MALE||TRAVEL RELATED||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 3||3/29/2020||66||FEMALE||TRAVEL RELATED||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 6||3/30/2020||30||FEMALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 7||3/30/2020||41||MALE||TRAVEL RELATED||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 15||4/02/2020||54||MALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 16||4/03/2020||38||FEMALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 17||4/03/2020||36||FEMALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 20||4/03/2020||79||MALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 22||4/03/2020||63||FEMALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 23||4/04/2020||58||FEMALE||TRAVEL RELATED||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 24||4/04/2020||53||FEMALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PRIVATE|
|CASE 25||4/04/2020||37||FEMALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PUBLIC|
|CASE 26||4/04/2020||20||MALE||COMMUNITY SPREAD||ECTOR||PUBLIC|
Governor's Executive Orders
A lot of people have questions about the Executive Orders the Governor put in place. This document will help answer a lot of questions you all may have. Governor's Executive Orders Q&A.
What is Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
A novel (new) coronavirus with origins from bats. The disease abbreviated COVID-19, is not the same as the coronaviruses that commonly circulate among humans and cause mild illness, like the common cold. This novel coronavirus strain is capable of causing more severe respiratory disease than previously circulating coronaviruses. Due to the severity of the disease caused by COVID-19 new recommendations for screening and isolation of these patients are recommended.
How is COVID-19 spread?
- Person-to-person spread - The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Spread from contact with infected surfaces or objects
- It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Patients with COVID-19 have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
- Other flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose)
Questions that health professionals and EMS crews will ask you.
How can I help protect myself?
There are simple everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Map of Restaurants That Take-Out or Deliver:
Keep Odessa Beautiful Event, Volunteer Appreciation luncheon has been cancelled for March 21, 2020.
Ratliff Ranch Golf Links is closed Monday until further notice.
Planning and Zoning Commission meeting that was scheduled for Thursday, April 2 is cancelled.