Unclaimed Funds

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Odessa Finance Department is attempting to locate the rightful owners of more than $5,000 in unclaimed cash. There are more than one hundred names of individuals and businesses who have failed to claim money that is owed to them. In most cases, those individuals and businesses either forgot to obtain their water deposit refund, or failed to cash a payroll or vendor check that derived from other City business activities.

It is our sincere desire to return all unclaimed cash back to its rightful owners as it is not the City’s money to keep. Please search the City's Unclaimed Fund Listing to see if any of this money belongs to you. To save the Unclaimed Fund Listing, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to save the list.

* Be sure you read the instructions carefully and follow all steps to avoid any delay in processing your request.

Search   Search Unclaimed Fund Listing       

PDF Document   Unclaimed Funds Claim Form

 Unclaimed Funds Form Online Request

Steps to Claim Unclaimed Funds:

  1. Review the City's Unclaimed Fund Listing using the above link.
  2. Search or Locate your name on the City's Unclaimed Fund Listing.
  3. Submit a completed Unclaimed Funds Claim Form with the supporting documentation that establishes your right to receive the funds.

Before you submit the Unclaimed Funds Form, remember to:

  • Answer all questions and fully complete all blanks on the Unclaimed Funds Claim Form.
  • Supply photocopies of required documentation.
  • Sign and date the Unclaimed Funds Claim Form.

Other Search Methods:

You may use other search methods by Phone, Email or U.S. Postal Mail.

Phone: Call us at (432) 335-3278 to request an unclaimed fund search by phone.
Email: Contact us at by Email to request an unclaimed funds search by Email.
Write Us: Send your Unclaimed Funds request by U.S. Postal mail by writing to:

City of Odessa
Finance Department
Attn: Accounts Payable
P.O. Box 4398
Odessa, TX 79760-4398 

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: I found my name, but what if I don't know what the money is for?

A: We can tell you the source of the Funds. Many of the names listed on the City's Unclaimed Funds List resulted from checks being undeliverable by the U.S. Post Office. For example, the City is often unable to deliver utility deposit refunds to former account holders by mail because they move without leaving a forwarding address.

Q: Why does the City ask for "Proof of your Social Security Number" ?

A: We do not require you to send us your Social Security Number, however it may be the only way we can positively match your name to a previous water and sewer account. To the extent provided by law, all claim information will be kept confidential.

Q: Is there a charge for making or receiving a claim?

A: There is no charge to make or receive a clam.

Q: What if the City needs additional information about my claim?

A: If questions arise while processing your claim, a Finance office employee will contact you by phone or U.S. Postal Mail.

Need Help?

If you have any questions about Unclaimed Funds held by the City, please do not hesitate to contact us via Email or call us at (432) 335-3278.

   Back to Top  Back to Top

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer