The Building Inspection Division is dedicated to the enforcement of the community's standards for safety, health, state and local construction codes and provides, efficient plan review, inspections and code enforcement, through the review of applications, building plans, construction documents, and on-site inspections by specially qualified personnel.
The 2012 ICC codes listed below with the following amendments have been adopted.
- 2012 Building Code Amendment
- 2012 Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings Amendment
- 2012 Property Maintenance Code Amendment
- 2012 Energy Conservation Code Amendment
- 2012 Fuel Gas Code Amendment
- 2012 Mechanical Code Amendment
- 2012 Plumbing Code Amendment
- 2014 Electrical Code Amendment
Notice: The City of Odessa has adopted the 2018 ICC codes which will go into effect July 1, 2018. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
The 2018 City Amendments to 2018 ICC Codes which will go into effect July 1, 2018.
- 2018 Building Code Amendment
- 2018 Residential Code for One an Two Family Dwellings Amendment
- 2018 Existing Building Code Amendment
- 2018 Property Maintenance Code Amendment
- 2018 Energy Conservation Code Amendment
- 2018 Fuel Gas Code Amendment
- 2018 Mechanical Code Amendment
- 2018 Plumbing Code Amendment
- 2017 Electrical Code Amendment
Notice: The City of Odessa has adopted a new fee schedule which will go into effect January 16, 2018. The new fee schedule can be download from the link below.
- The office maintains licenses, insurance and bonds of the various contractors, assuring current effective dates before issuing a permit to build. Follow-up and on-site inspections are performed for compliance during construction phases.
Office Business Hours
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Inspectors may be contacted between 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday between 8am to 8:30am.
411 W 8th Street
Odessa, TX 79761
Phone: (432) 335-3214