Odessa Police Providing Auto Burglary Prevention Tips for Public
So far during 2018, approximately 480 auto burglaries have been reported to the Odessa Police Department. The vast majority of vehicles being burglarized are happening as a result of the owner leaving their vehicle unlocked along with valuable items left in plain sight. Citizens are encouraged to monitor all crime occurring in their neighborhoods by going to communitycrimemap.com or by signing up with Nextdoor.
Auto Burglary Prevention Tips:
1) Close your windows and lock your doors.
2) Take your keys & hide your belongings in the trunk if possible.
3) Avoid leaving valuable items, weapons, spare keys and personal documents inside your vehicles.
4) Park in well lit areas when possible.
5) Report all suspicious activity, suspicious persons, and suspicious vehicles.