Prevent a home burglary by following these tips:
1. Lock your doors and windows.
2. If you open your window, use window stops.
3. Make sure valuables are not visible from windows and use curtains.
4. Store ladders and any objects that can be used to assist in home entry in a locked shed or garage.
5. Keep garage doors closed and locked. If the garage doors have windows, put the garage door release cord away from those windows.
6. Use a home security system and a doorbell camera to deter thieves.
7. At night, turn your lights on and leave them on. Light is a great deterrent.
8. Use solid wood or metal doors.
9. Lock your pet door so it cannot be used as a point of entry.
10. Do not open the door for or allow solicitors entry to your home.