This is a friendly reminder that you must have a valid driver's license to drive a golf cart. For their safety, children should not be operating golf carts.
Here are some of the laws regarding golf carts:
1. Driver MUST possess a valid driver's license. A golf cart is defined by Texas law as a motor vehicle and the driver of a golf cart is required to obey all traffic laws.
2. Must be operated during daytime hours.
3. Can only go to and from the golf course.
4. Must operate on a public roadway with a speed limit of 35 mph or less.
5. Must live within two miles of a golf course.
6. Golf cart must have a state-issued license plate, but is not required to be registered or insured.
7. Must have a slow-moving emblem, headlamps, tail lamps, reflectors, parking brakes and mirrors.