1. Never Jaywalk - Always use the crosswalks and intersections whenever possible.
2. Wait for the Crossing Guard - When crossing guards are present, wait for their signal to cross.
3. Don't be Distracted - Unplug earbuds and avoid using your cellphone while walking.
4. Make Eye Contact - Do not cross the street until traffic comes to a complete stop.
5. Stay Alert - Be aware of your surroundings all the way across.
6. Wear Reflective Clothing at Night - Wear bright and reflective clothing when walking at night so traffic can see you.