The General Election for members of the City Council is held on the even number of years on the 1st Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The next General Election will be on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
For more information on current City Council elected officials' terms, visit the City Council page.
Filing Dates for the November 8, 2022 General Election
To be determined.
A candidate must:
- Be a qualified voter that is a United States citizen (1)
- Resided in the territory (district) for the office the person is seeking for 6 months continuously (1)
- Registered to vote in the territory (district) for the office the person is seeking for 6 months (1)
- File a petition signed by 50 voters residing in the territory from which the office is elected (1)
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- Totally mentally incapacitated
- Partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- Have not been convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released
- Resided continuously in the state for twelve months
Eligibility items listed with a (1) at the end are requirements of the City of Odessa Home Rule Charter and standard eligibility requirements for Public Office under Texas Election Code Section 141.001.