We do not disclose any personally identifiable information collected online except where you have given us permission, or where the information is requested to be disclosed and is public information under the State of Texas statutes or other applicable laws. Visitors to the City of Odessa website should be aware that Texas Statute Chapter 552 "Open Records Act" declares that it is the policy of the State of Texas that all state, county, and municipal records shall be open for personal inspection by any person, and thus information collected by the City of Odessa resulting from the use of its websites may be subject to examination and inspection upon request, if such information is a public record and not otherwise protected from disclosure by statute.
Section 552.137 CONFIDENTIALITY OF CERTAIN EMAIL ADDRESSES.
- Except as otherwise provided by this section, an email address of a member of the public that is provided for the purpose of communicating electronically with a governmental body is confidential and not subject to disclosure under this chapter.
- Confidential information described by this section that relates to a member of the public may be disclosed if the member of the public affirmatively consents to its release.
- Subsection (a) does not apply to an email address:
- provided to a governmental body by a person who has a contractual relationship with the governmental body or by the contractor's agent;
- provided to a governmental body by a vendor who seeks to contract with the governmental body or by the vendor 's agent;
- contained in a response to a request for bids or proposals, contained in a response to similar invitations soliciting offers or information relating to a potential contract, or provided to a governmental body in the course of negotiating the terms of a contract or potential contract; or
- provided to a governmental body on a letterhead, coversheet, printed document, or other document made available to the public. (d) Subsection (a) does not prevent a governmental body from disclosing an email address for any reason to another governmental body or to a federal agency.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 356, Sec. 1, eff. May 26, 2001.
Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1089, Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2003.
To better serve you, we occasionally use "cookies" to customize your browsing experience. Cookies are simple text files stored by your web browser and they provide a method of distinguishing among visitors to the websites. Cookies created on your computer by using our website do not contain personally identifiable information and do not compromise your privacy or security. You can refuse the cookie or delete the cookie file from your computer at any time by using any one of a number of widely available methods.