Hot Water Recirculation Pump Rebate Program
The intent of this rebate is to encourage a permanent reduction in the amount of water used through the hot water heater by establishing an incentive to allow customers to qualify for a credit on their utility bill. Installing a hot water recirculation system should provide faster hot water to each sink, bathtub, shower, or hot water appliance while saving money on your water and sewer bill.
Hot water recirculators are installed under the sink furthest from the hot water heater or directly on the hot water heater. When hot water is desired, the recirculator pumps the “colder” hot water back into the hot water heater through the cold water line. Once the hot water reaches the desired temperature, it is allowed to pass through your faucet. Each recirculator works a bit differently and you can find out more at your local hardware store. The process results in less water wasted down the drain and less time wasted by you!
The hot water recirculators can be installed by a homeowner and can be found for approximately $200 at local hardware stores. However, customers may also choose to have a licensed contractor or plumbing company install the device for them.
Program Requirements & Eligibility
An account holder will be eligible to receive a rebate if they meet the following qualifications:
1. A City of Odessa water and sewer customer (not trash only). Must have an individual account directly billed by the City of Odessa.
2. A hot water recirculator purchased on or after May 15, 2012 is eligible.
3. A copy of the purchase receipt is required before the application can be processed. If the hot water recirculator was installed by a contractor, please provide a copy of the installation receipt from the contractor.
4. Only residential customers are eligible and only one rebate per household.
5. Only a hot water recirculator with a built-in timer or other on-demand capabilities is eligible.
6. The rebate amount may not exceed the amount paid for the recirculator before tax.
How To Get Your Rebate
To request an application, complete the online REBATE APPLICATION REQUEST FORM or call (432) 335-3204. Once your name, address, phone number, and account number have been verified, an official application will be sent through the mail. After installing the hot water recirculator and completing the application, submit it along with a copy of your purchase receipt. City staff will review your application, purchase receipt and schedule an inspection, if necessary.
NOTE: No inspection is needed if a licensed contractor or plumber installs the hot water recirculator. If an inspection is necessary you will be contacted to schedule an appointment.
After the inspection (if necessary) and approval of your application, $100 will be credited to your City of Odessa utility account within 1-2 billing cycles.
Questions: If you have further questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (432) 335-3204.