High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program
The intent of this rebate is to encourage residents to upgrade their toilets with high-efficiency units in their homes. Older traditional toilets use as much as seven (7) gallons per flush. High-efficiency toilets (HETs) are rated 1.3 gallons per flush or less. Improved technology has basically eliminated the days of double flushing. HETs come in many styles and sizes to fit your home decor.
Program Requirements & Eligibility
An account holder will be eligible to receive a rebate if they meet the following qualifications:
1. A City of Odessa water and sewer customer (not trash only). Must have an individual account directly billed by the City of Odessa.
2. Only residential customers are eligible.
3. A copy of the purchase receipt is required before the before application can be processed.
4. All homes built in 1994 to present are ineligible.
5. Toilet being replaced must be 3.5 gallons per flush (or higher).
6. HETs must be purchased on or after May 15, 2012.
7. New toilet must be EPA Water Sense labeled. (See EPA WaterSense web site for a complete list of eligible toilets at www.epa.gov/WaterSense).
8. The rebate amount may not exceed the amount paid for the toilet before tax.
9. Maximum of three toilet rebates per household.
How To Get Your Rebate
To request an application, complete the online REBATE APPLICATION REQUEST FORM or call (432) 335-3204. Once your name, address, phone number, and account number have been verified, an official application will be sent through the mail. After installing the high-efficiency toilet, complete the application and submit it along with a copy of your purchase receipt to the City of Odessa Billing and Collections Department. City staff will review your application, purchase receipt and schedule an inspection, if necessary.
NOTE: No inspection is needed if a licensed contractor or plumber installs the toilet. If an inspection is necessary you will be contacted to schedule an appointment.
After the inspection (if necessary) and approval of your application, $75 will be credited to your City of Odessa utility account within 1-2 billing cycles.
Questions: If you have further questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (432) 335-3204