Welcome to the City of Odessa Purchasing Department web site. It has been designed to give you a brief overview of our procurement responsibility, philosophy, and methods.
The purchasing departments function is to process all departmental requests for goods and or services that are required for daily operations and to exercise responsibility for their timely procurement and delivery. Requests are processed in a competitive environment where all suppliers and the representatives are treated in a fair and courteous manner.
- Purchases of $500 or less may be made by the Purchasing Department on the basis of one (1) quotation or by using a procurement card.
- Purchases of $501 to $49,999 are made by the Purchasing Department on the basis of sufficient quotations to ensure competitive pricing. (Consideration is given to Historically Underutilized
- Businesses for purchases between $3,000 and $49,999 as required by State Law.)
- Purchases of $50,000 or more are made in accordance with competitive bid requirements as defined by State Law.
- Supply contracts are established through competitive bidding to purchase goods and or services at a fixed price structure for a specific time frame.
- Service/maintenance agreements are established to provide for continuing service or maintenance of purchased equipment or systems. These are generally established at the end of a warranty period and they are administered on an annual basis.
If you require additional information, or if you wish to be included on our approved bidder list, please feel free to contact the Purchasing Department at (432) 335-3253 or by Email.
Links / Information
» Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
411 W 8th Street
Odessa, TX 79761
Phone: (432) 335-3253