The Building Inspection Division is dedicated to the enforcement of the community's standards for safety, health, state and local construction codes and provides, efficient plan review, inspections and code enforcement, through the review of applications, building plans, construction documents, and on-site inspections by specially qualified personnel.
The 2012 ICC codes listed below with the following amendments have been adopted.
- 2012 Building Code Amendment
- 2012 Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings Amendment
- 2012 Property Maintenance Code Amendment
- 2012 Energy Conservation Code Amendment
- 2012 Fuel Gas Code Amendment
- 2012 Mechanical Code Amendment
- 2012 Plumbing Code Amendment
- 2014 Electrical Code Amendment
Notice: The City of Odessa will be adopting the 2018 ICC codes in 2018. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
- The office maintains licenses, insurance and bonds of the various contractors, assuring current effective dates before issuing a permit to build. Follow-up and on-site inspections are performed for compliance during construction phases.
Office Business Hours
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Inspectors may be be contacted between 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
411 W 8th Street
Odessa, TX 79761
Phone: (432) 335-3214