The Building Inspection Division is dedicated to the enforcement of the community's standards for safety, health, state and local construction codes and provides, efficient plan review, inspections and code enforcement, through the review of applications, building plans, construction documents, and on-site inspections by specially qualified personnel.
Notice: On January 10, 2017 City Council adopted new codes. The new codes listed below will go into effect February 9, 2017:
- 2012 Building Code Amendment
- 2014 Electrical Code Amendment
- 2012 Energy Conservation Code Amendment
- 2012 Fuel Gas Code Amendment
- 2012 Mechanical Code Amendment
- 2012 Plumbing Code Amendment
- 2012 Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings Amendment
The following Codes and Amendments have been adopted
- 2006 Building Code Amendment
- 2006 Residential Code Amendment for One and Two Family Dwellings
- 2006 Plumbing Code Amendment
- 2006 Fuel and Gas Code Amendment
- 2006 Mechanical Code Amendment
- 2008 National Electrical Code Amendment
The office maintains licenses, insurance and bonds of the various contractors, assuring current effective dates before issuing a permit to build. Follow-up and on-site inspections are performed for compliance during construction phases.
Office Business Hours
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Inspectors may be be contacted between 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
411 W 8th Street
Odessa, TX 79761
Phone: (432) 335-3214