ODC-July 18, 2013
P U B L I C N O T I C E
In accordance with the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code of Texas, notice is hereby given to all interested persons that the Odessa Development Corporation will meet on Thursday, July 18, 2013, at 2:00 p.m., at 411 West 8th Street, City Hall, in the Council Chambers, 5th Floor, Odessa, Texas, to consider the following items:
1. Appointment of ODC President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. (Board)
2. Appointment of Board Members to Committees. (Board)
3. Appointment of Compliance and Budget Committee members. (Board)
4. Minutes of June 13, 2013.
5. Financial Report. (James Zentner)
6. Economic Agency Reports (MOTRAN, Chamber of Commerce, Odessa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and UTPB-SBDC).
7. Board Projects and Committee and Officer Reports Including: Advertising, City of Odessa, Enterprise Zone Committee and Odessa Partnership.
8. CUDD Pumping Services, Inc. Amendment. (David Boutin, Joel Roberts)
9. Review ODC General Development Plan. (Joel Roberts)
10. Review fiscal year 2013 -2014 ODC Budget (James Zentner)
If, during the course of the meeting covered by this notice, the Board needs to meet in executive session, then such closed or executive meeting or session, pursuant to Chapter 551, Government Code of Texas, will be held by the Board on the date, hour, and place given in this notice or as soon after the commencement of the meeting covered by this notice as the Board may conveniently meet in such closed or executive meeting or session concerning any and all subjects and for any and all purposes permitted by Section 551 of said Government Code including, but not limited to:
551.071 For the purpose of a private consultation with the Board's attorney.
551.072 For the purpose of discussing the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
551.073 For the purpose of discussing negotiated contracts for prospective gifts, or donations.
551.074 For the purpose of considering the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
551.086 For the purpose of deliberation regarding economic development negotiations.
(1) to discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the governmental body has received from a business prospect that the governmental body seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the governmental body and with which the governmental body is conducting economic development negotiations; or
(2) to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect described by Subdivision (1).
Should any final action, final decision, or final vote be required in the opinion of the Board with regard to any matter considered in such closed or executive meeting or session, then such final action, final decision, or final vote shall be taken at either:
a. the open meeting covered by the notice upon the reconvening of this public meeting; or
b. at a subsequent public meeting of the council upon notice thereof; as the Board shall determine.
This notice is being posted on the south door of City Hall and on the bulletin board of the first floor of City Hall, Odessa, Texas, this the _____ day of _________________, 2013, at ____________ _.m., said time being more than seventy-two hours (72) prior to the time at which the subject meeting will be convened and called to order.
Norma Aguilar-Grimaldo, TRMC